National Strawberry Sundae Day
Five Food Finds about Strawberries
- In a test, subjects who ate nitrate rich foods like strawberries, before exercising burned 100 more calories than those who did not.
- Over 53 percent of seven to nine-year-olds picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
- In France, Strawberries were thought to be an aphrodisiac. A soup made of strawberries, thinned sour cream, borage, & powered sugar was served to newlyweds.
- Folk lore states that if you split a double strawberry in half and share it with the opposite sex, you’ll soon fall in love.
- In medieval times, strawberries were served at important functions to bring peace & prosperity.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1307 King Edward I of England died. King Edward I of England (ruled: 1272-1307). His coronation feast included 278 bacon hogs, 450 pigs, 440 oxen, 430 sheep and 22,600 hens and capons. I believe he…
Voir l’article original 209 mots de plus